We’ve stated many times that research and analytics is paramount when launching and maintaining a video production marketing campaign. Video production can be expensive and Toronto based companies must know which video genres catch the most attention and how well campaigns are doing as they go along. If you are planning a paid online video campaign to boost visibility and brand awareness you’ll need to set key performance indicators (KPIs) for that campaign. This kind of research and analytics is considered best practice among the top online marketers in north America.
Although views aren’t always the best kind of metric to measure performance, with over 300 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute, it’s handy to have a benchmark to ascertain how well your video content is doing against others in the same vertical. Average # of Views per Video by YouTube Category (according to research by Tubular)
• How-to and Style: 8,332 views/ video average
• People and Blogs: 2,354 views/ video average
• Entertainment: 9,816 views/ video average
• Gaming: 3,050 views/ video average
• Education: 4,872 views/ video average
• Automotive and Vehicles: 5,673 views/ video average
• Travel and Events: 3,070 views/ video average
• Pets and Animals: 6,542 views/ video average
• Science and Tech: 6,638 views/ video average
A video’s view count can be a great indicator of how engaging your video content is, how well you have optimized your metadata, and how well it’s performing. However it is also very important that you also examine your watch-time metric, your subscriber growth, and other performance indicators.To make the most out of your video marketing campaigns make sure you are doing the following to attract as many viewers as possible:
• Build your subscriber base. A loyal fan base will watch almost anything you upload. DisneyCollectorBR has over 3.5 million subscribers which is why they get a huge amount of views.
• Adjust and revise your titles and description. This is one we’ve mentioned in the past. Test what works, and then test it again. Test your custom thumbnail images as well to see what works best.
• Make sure you upload your videos to the right category. This can be changed after you have uploaded the video.
• Pay for an ad campaign.
• Connect with other brands to expand your audience reach.
Researching statistics like the ones listed above can greatly help you in choosing the right genre of video to produce and can help make your video marketing campaign a successful one. We all know how competitive the Toronto market is and that everyone seems to be launching hefty video marketing campaigns these days. However with the right research and planning, your campaign can be a tremendous success making your company standout in this highly competitive city of Toronto.
“Groovy Concepts brought our media vision to reality. They recently created a number of highly engaging informational videos for Chrysalis Energies including six customer testimonial videos, two in-depth research interview videos, and one 18-minute docu-mercial. Groovy Concepts took care of the entire production process from start to finish; from concept development and script writing to production, editing and animation. Their creative direction and hands-on production management made everything run smoothly and efficiently. I would highly recommend Groovy Concepts for all your media production needs.”
Brent Knudsen, Founder, Director of Research & Development
Canlan Ice Sports
Canadian Apprenticeship Forum
ASHL / ASHN
GPS Consulting Group
Human Capital Development Excellence In Manufacturing Consortium (EMC) Canadian Manufacturing Network (CMN)
The Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario
The Day Trading Academy
Aboriginal Rights and Research Consultant
Canlan Ice Sports
President, TFI Food Equipment Solutions
Alamos Gold Inc.
Spaceport Chapter Inc.